Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Inspiration

If you know me, you know I love the rain. The mist it creates, the fog, the fresh smell...I love all of it. It induces the mind to drift and imagine, and I get some of my best lines in my stories from that mind drifting. It also helps when I have some inspirational music playing in the background - today, it's the soundtracks from Harry Potter, Pride & Prejudice (the Kiera Knightly version), and Brave. All inspire me in different ways; the Harry Potter soundtrack reminds me of the power a book can have on a generation (and a culture). The Pride & Prejudice soundtrack brings me back to my time in England when my life was balanced and carefree, and the Brave soundtrack brings me to the time period I love to write about.

What inspires you to do what you love?

This is Anne Hathaway's cottage in Stratford-Upon-Avon. This trip was one of the most influential and inspirational for me in my writing.

1 comment: