Monday, April 1, 2013

Girlfriends make the world go 'round

I love sitting around a table with girlfriends. The non-stop laughter is something everyone needs in life, and when I'm having a particularly tough day, there isn't anything better than a cup of coffee (or glass of wine) and a couple of girlfriends to chat with. I love my family more than life itself, but it's all about the ladies when it comes to simply unwinding. I don't even have to watch my tongue (I can say the S word - that's stupid, equivalent to the F word in a house with a 6 yr old in it).

This morning, I read a great article about two contemporary romance authors who happen to be best friends, as well - Jill Shalvis and Kristan Higgans. I had never read their books until I started reading their blogs, which are equal parts hysterical, poignant, or fantastic to look at. I'm not talking about the web design (they are great sites, though). I'm talking more about their "research." You'll have to check them out to see what I mean.

Today, there is an article posted on USA Today about these two, and reading it, I connected. I saw that these two are laughing, teasing, and having just a good time with each other, and with life. 

I think that makes a better writer. Many of my girlfriend chat sessions end up in books in some shape - it's real, sometimes it's funny, and it's always relatable. If you don't have a girlfriend to while away an hour with....get thee one immediately. It's not that hard - just smile, start a conversation, and you're off and running.


0 comments:

Post a Comment