Thursday, April 18, 2013

Writer's Block? No Thanks.

Maybe I'm just fortunate, or maybe it's mind-over-matter. Either way...writer's block doesn't affect me. It can't; I don't have time to waste with sitting in front of a blank screen.

I hate wasting time.

I don't wait for my muse. It's great when she visits - I get lots of great story ideas from her. But when she's off visiting others, or on a well-deserved vacation, it's up to me to get that story written. Two thousand words per day is something attainable for me. Sometimes I'll double it, and rarely will I miss it. But I always get something written if there's a blank page in front of me.

Writing is a joy, but I'm also trying to turn it into a career. I expect more of myself than ever before. I am the only one who can write these words, I am the only one trained in the workings of my mind. 

What about you? Have you ever experienced a form of writer's block? If so, how'd you get through it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment