Monday, May 6, 2013

The Dreaded Second Act

Why is it that the second act of a novel is the hardest to write? I can get into the beginning, and I know where I want it to end. But inevitably, there's a lull in the writing process...and it's usually right in the middle of the story. This is the crucial place to keep a reader entertained, involved, connected and feeling.

It's really, really hard.

I know I've found lots of things hard lately. But this is all good - I'm challenged. If writing a book was easy, everyone would do it, right? And I must say, anything that's worth something is rarely easy. Hard work and perseverance - that, plus talent and a little luck - are what defines success.

Comment below and tell me what you're working hard on, and about your own success stories!

(Credit to FutureDocs blog)

0 comments:

Post a Comment