Friday, April 12, 2013

Fight...or Flight?

Fear is a double-edged sword. 

Some people say to face it - that it's the only way to overcome such an emotion. If you don't overcome it, it will overcome you. You don't really want to be overcome, right?

Others say to listen to it - a fear of something is your intuition letting you know that something is desperately wrong, and the fight-or-flight instinct kicks in. You don't really want to risk your life, right?

Personally, I'm in the camp of whatever works for the situation. So, when a centipede comes crawling across my wall, I'm confident that the flight instinct is the one to go with, at least until I track down the husband and point/screech/"Ohmigod ohmigod ohmigod" at it until he calmly disposes of it.

Conversely, when an editor requests my manuscript, I'm squarely in the face it camp. So today, fellow campers...I'm sending my manuscript to an editor, at her request. (Yes,that makes a difference. :) )

What camp are you in? Comment below!



0 comments:

Post a Comment